Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2010

BRMC Interview (Amsterdam 13/05/10)


You might call it deja-vu. Same place, same venue, same people, meaning Peter Hayes and me, but two years and one album (Beat the Devil’s Tattoo) later I’m back at the Paradiso in Amsterdam having returned on my mission to talk to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. But it’s nothing like deja-vu at all. This being my third interview with Peter some might say all good things come in threes, and talking about BRMC this even adds more meaning to this figure of speech, remembering their kind of side-project that led people off the usual BRMC-paths in the form of the instrumental album The Effects of 333.

The night before saw a spectacular show at Paris’ Bataclan featuring an after-show acoustic session by Robert, including another round of covering Pulp’s Common People and only after that (this time) some string breaking. You can feel that the band is in a really good mood playing some of the nicest venues around Europe and there is a whiff of great expectations in the air, due to remembering the last BRMC gig at the Paradiso. People who saw that show as well will know what I’m talking about.

Peter is just being his lovely self again, taking his time to answer my questions thoughtfully and elaborately. Additionally, he starts joking around about me not being satisfied with him instead of Robert sitting in front of me answering my questions again, and goes to get the man himself, but we’ll get to that... First things first.

Read the interview on www.popzine.de

Keine Kommentare: